Want a drink to make you all warm and toasty? Then you must make this delicious mulled apple cider!
I love it when in the colder weather, we have food & drinks warming and comforting – and there’s nothing beats some hot apple cider for this.
But here’s the thing that makes all the difference…
Instead of buying your apple cider from the local store, I challenge you to try this incredible homemade version. Think it’s too difficult? Not this one – Ree’s recipe makes it super easy.
Ree (at thepioneerwoman.com)…
…combines fresh apple juice, cinnamon sticks for some amazing sweetness and flavor and a few other ingredients added at the last minute that make this the best apple cider you’ll ever have!
Ree goes on to say…
I’ve made this apple cider recipe for years, and I’ve always loved the addition of maple syrup. But rather than use storebought juice, I like juicing the apples myself; it gives the cider a nice pulpy quality.
You’ll never go back to store-brought apple cider after this. Try it once, and you’ll be a convert for life!
Ingredients: (serves 12)
- 4 whole Cinnamon Sticks
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 8 whole Allspice Berries
- Orange Peel From 1 Orange
- Lemon Peel From 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup Maple Syru
- 6 cups Unfiltered Apple Juic
- 1/2 cup Dark Rum (optional)
- Place cinnamon sticks, ground cloves, allspice berries, orange peel, and lemon peel in a medium saucepan.
- Pour in maple syrup and apple juice, then bring to almost a boil.
- Reduce the heat to its lowest setting and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve in mugs.
- Add a splash of rum for an adults-only version!
That it folks! Let us know how you enjoyed it!