A rich and creamy, real chocolate, hot chocolate treat. Indulgent, luxurious, silkily smooth. A special treat and not an every day drink. Just right for a warming, late night Christmas Eve treat. Yes?
Recently I found some rich, dark, mint chocolate. It was delicious. I made some melt-in-the-mouth mint chocolate truffles with it and then decided to make a hot chocolate drink. Mmmmmmmm! They were sooooo good!
I don’t have any left to share with you, so I thought I’d share the hot chocolate recipe instead. It’s based on one from BBC Good Food.
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup thick Cream
- 4 oz / 100g quality dark Mint Chocolate, high cocoa solids content
- Warm gently in a saucepan on a low heat, stirring continuously.
- When all the chocolate is melted, pour into cups.
- Garnish with whipped cream, grated chocolate or your favorite topping, if you wish.
- Or just savor the rich unadulterated flavors.
- Savor and enjoy.
Use milk chocolate rather than strong dark chocolate.
Make marshmallow snowmen.