With the New Year almost upon us are you looking for something non-alcoholic yet tasty for your party? Whether it is something for the children to drink, or for the drivers, join me in a low pressure, non-alcoholic concoction that is quite delicious.
If I’m having a party I like to keep things simple to reduce the stress levels when preparing. This delicious Spiced Apple Cider with Cranberry and Orange recipe from Ashley, TheRecipeRebel – details at the end of the post – is just the thing.
There are two cooking options: for a really low pressure way use a slow cooker; or combine in a large saucepan over a low heat. The latter will need you to keep an eye on it, but only occasionally.
Ashley says she …
… just loves cranberry anything lately. I also love that you can keep it hot all day in the slow cooker, which is great for parties, and you can control the added sugar by making it yourself! … I love that this is a warm, holiday drink that the little ones can enjoy, too!
- 1 liter / about 4 cups Apple Juice, pure unsweetened
OR, if it’s for adults only, then use Cider
- 2 cups Orange Juice, pure unsweetened
- 1 liter / about 4 cups Cranberry Juice, unsweetened
- ½ cup brown Sugar, Maple Syrup or Honey or Stevia or other sweetener (to taste)
- 3 Cinnamon sticks, whole
- ⅛ teaspoon ground Cloves, or a few whole cloves, to taste
- 1 cup fresh or frozen Cranberries
- a whole Orange, studded with the whole cloves, if using
- thinly sliced fresh Orange
- thinly sliced fresh Apple
Two ways to cook this.
- Heat everything together in a slow cooker for 3-4 hours and keep warm; or
- Dissolve the sugar in the juices in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the spices and fruit. Reduce the heat & simmer for 20 mins.